UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2008 YAMAHA IS THE OFFICIAL BEST IN THE DESERT UTV!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Best in the Desert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: 2008 YAMAHA IS THE OFFICIAL BEST IN THE DESERT UTV!! Reply with quote

Just announced today, the Yamaha Rhino will be the Official UTV for Best in the Desert. Lets hope this commitment from Yamaha will entice other UTV manufactures to step up and support our class. sincerely Cory S.

Last edited by Cory S on Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
itsasecret

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT???? WHATTIE WHAT WHAT??? What does this mean??? How cool!!! Very Happy
#10 Pro/Mod CORR Shortcourse Racer

www.wellerracing.com
scombs1909

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Corry its about time the yamaha guys got off their butt (being nice) and did something with this sport, i think they were waiting for us racers to spend our own time and money to do their r&d for them, its about time but as u are well aware our efforts with them have not gone very far crap we couldnt even get them to return a phonecall, answer an email or for all i know get outta bed to see the sun rise. Anyway thats my 2 cents i think their a day late and a dollar short.
Elka suspension
Jagged X
Pro Armour
SPD
SNW
Ergon Asphalt Products
Showlow Const.
Mesa Materials
Innovative Screen Printing
Redline oil
itsasecret

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I have had a much different experience with Yamaha.....I'm just happy to see them get on board with this type of racing. They sponsored the Rhino Nationals at Casa Grande last year...that's the last time I saw them sponsor rhino racing......so it's good to see them do something like this again.....

They will have to step up soon, with all the new stuff coming out....if they want to be in the limelight for UTV racing in the next couple of years.....I hope they do so - this leads me to think that the interest is there, and to me that's a good thing.....

Plus....hopefully BITD can benefit from this as well!!!

www.wellerracing.com
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a saying " First kill all the Lawyers " Don't be so hard on Yamaha. They have been unable to associate themselves with any type of racing because of all the people that have tryed to sue them. As of today all Rhinos will be sold with doors, and all Rhinos that have been sold, will be invited to return to the dealer and have doors installed at Yamaha expence. The UTV racing community could help by not racing or allowing people to race UTVs without proper safety equiptment. ie. full doors, safety nets, no stock cages, racing seats, 5 point harnesses, fuel cells etc. I don,t mean to sound harsh, but racing is not cheap and promotors that allow UTVs to race without proper safety equiptment, in my opinion, are not concerned about safety, just the almighty $ dollar. The UTVRA can not associate or support any UTV series that allows racing without the proper safety equiptment. BITD, SCORE, CORR all require UTVs to meet the same safety requirements that have been proven to work. Lets all work together and continue to keep the class of racing safe, fun, and affordable. Thanks to all that have supported this new motorsport with there time, $ money, and ideas. Sincerely Cory S. Very Happy

Last edited by Cory S on Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:43 am; edited 2 times in total
scombs1909

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corry, didnt mean to be harsh just frustrated with the whole situation. and lack of support from the factory, but i feel sorry for them having to put doors on all those rhinos that sucks on their end. but who would have thought of taking a farm vehicle and racing it .
Elka suspension
Jagged X
Pro Armour
SPD
SNW
Ergon Asphalt Products
Showlow Const.
Mesa Materials
Redline oil
itsasecret

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob!! Smile I know a few people who are frustrated.....so it's totally understandable! Did you see my post on the found BFG's, btw?

www.wellerracing.com
scombs1909

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah corry i saw the post i think they are ours we are trying to contact the guy that has them today, thanks for the info. After the 1908 rhino got roller they lost the 2 spare tires and the right front we also have another loose one around mp 165 so 4 wheels lost total and a lot of money too.
Elka suspension
Jagged X
Pro Armour
SPD
SNW
Ergon Asphalt Products
Showlow Const.
Mesa Materials
Redline oil
itsasecret

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH...yeah, I hope you get all those back - that's ALOT of money in some nice wheels out there! Wink

www.wellerracing.com
BIG GUY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cory S"]There is a saying " First kill all the Lawyers " Don't be so hard on Yamaha. They have been unable to associate themselves with any type of racing because of all the people that have tryed to sue them. As of today all Rhinos will be sold with doors, and all Rhinos that have been sold, will be invited to return to the dealer and have doors installed at Yamaha expence. The UTV racing community could help by not racing or allowing people to race UTVs without proper safety equiptment. ie. full doors, safety nets, no stock cages, racing seats, 5 point harnesses, fuel cells etc. I don,t mean to sound harsh, but racing is not cheap and promotors that allow UTVs to race without proper safety equiptment, in my opinion, are not concerned about safety, just the almighty $ dollar. The UTVRA can not associate or support any UTV series that allows racing without the proper safety equiptment. BITD, SCORE, CORR all require UTVs to meet the same safety requirements that have been proven to work. Lets all work together and continue to keep the class of racing safe, fun, and affordable. Thanks to all that have supported this new motorsport with there time, $ money, and ideas. Sincerely Cory S. :D[/quote]

I think anyone who trys to race there utv with only stock cage ect. are asking to get hurt!!!!!!!!!! My RZR came with stickers that said that the stock roll cage would not protect you in a roll over.....Comon sense??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Best in the Desert All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: