UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

voluntary prize fund for BITD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Best in the Desert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jagged Extreme Race Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: voluntary prize fund for BITD Reply with quote

I have discussed the idea of a voluntary prize fund for the UTV class with the UTVRA but it has gone no further.
This idea is being implemented in the 7200 class. Basically the concept would be this- anyone competing in the UTV class could contribute to the prize fund if they wanted to but you would not be eligible to win any money unless you contribute. for example, let's say we decide that the eligibility requirement for V2R is $200 If 5 teams participate then there is $1000 in the kitty. We could do a winner take all or a 1st 2nd 3rd split.
of course only the 5 teams who contribute would be eligible to win. the cool thing is that a team could actually win money by coming in 4th or 6th or whatever depending on where the other teams who participated finish.
This would be completely seperate from the bitd entry fee and completely optional. I would consider administering the program if there is any interest. I have talked to a couple of the teams and most seem receptive to the idea. give me some feedback guys.

Bill
Jagged X
bill1@jaggedx.com
www.jaggedx.com
rolloutracing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

I still think this is a great idea. I have been talking with some other race groups that currently do this and have been thinking about it. Most of the people that I have talked to put this on themselves. Like you said it is completely seperate from the race organizer. I'm very open to anyone wanting to do this. I think it will add some extra competition to the event.

What we need to do is have the teams sign up for it at Tech, if not sooner. When we do tech inspection we can mention int to the entries as they come through. We will also address it on the forum prior to the race so everyone has some advanced notice.

Here are a few questions that I have. Who holds and distributes the money? We can take it at tech and hold it if you like but you may want to go a differnet route. Also, do you then mail the money out the week after the race? I think trying to give it them after the race would be difficult. There could be a long drive between two teams that get paid.

I put together a form for this awhile ago for people to fill out at tech but have not thought much about since then.

Let me know what you think.

Eric
JEROME #1913

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOUNDS GREAT TO ME, LET ME KNOW THE $$$$
Jagged Extreme Race Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once we decide how much the participation fee would be for the up coming race we could post it and the teams could start signing up and paying as soon as they wanted. I think that the more teams that join in the more teams who would want to join in. If you could get me an e mail list of all the current registered UTVRA teams I could send out an E-mail and some kind of entry form. Like I said I would administer this if no one objects to it. As far as pay out goes, I think the best way to do that is to send it out as soon as the BITD official results are posted on the BITD website. I think that is fair. The sign up should end at the end of tech. if you sign up at tech it's cash only. no IOU's or I'll pay you at the next race kind of crap. This is like a gentleman's side bet sort of deal.

If everyone thinks we should do this let's make V2R the first race and I say we make it a reasonable $100 . lets say third palce gets their $100 back and 2nd gets 25% of the balance and first gets 75% of the balance.

Or we can divide it up some other way, just give me an idea.

We can hammer this out and I will get it spelled out and we can it going.

BIll
Jagged X
Jagged Extreme Race Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember, when I say first second and third that is only for the teams who participate. so if you win the race but you did not anty up then you don't get squat.

BS JX
dezrider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we're IN! Sounds like a great plan.

Randy
Raging Rhino Racing
Jagged Extreme Race Team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is a link for the 7200 class voluntary prize fund program.
I think we could model ours to be very similar. I don't know about setting it up for credit card payments quite yet. I like their payout schedule though. it encourages more participation. check it out and give me some feedback.

http://www.bitd-7200.com/

Remember this is not required by BITD or the UTVRA it is completely voluntary. It looks like we have at least 4 teams commited to participate already.

What about outside contributions from sponsors, vendors, or shops? Any money collected from these entities would just sweeten the pot. How cool would it be to finish , say, in fourth position and take home a check for a couple grand?

Hey Eric, what's the word on an e-mail contact list? PM me or call me or something.

BS JX
rolloutracing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

Let me pull it out of the data base today and get it to you. I will have to get with Cory to make sure that I have the most recent one.

I will be talking to him later today.

Eric
dezrider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Voluntary Prize Fund Reply with quote

Bill,

So did we get any takers on the Prize Fund? We're in and $100 sounds like a good place to start. How about a 50, 30, and 20% split of the prize fund for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place to spread the $$$$$$ around a little bit more. Just a thought as if we only get 3 entries giving 3rd place $100 doesn't work very well. Any other ideas welcome!!

Randy
jaggedx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, Here is how we are going to do the voluntary prize fund.

The entry fee to play is $100. If we decide to change it for other races that is fine but for this first race it is $100. It is completly voluntary and it is not required by the UTVRA or by BITD. But remeber YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY! if you do not pay into the fund you are NOT eligible to win any of the money. I will be at tech and contigency on Thursday. If you want to enter, come find me and bring $100 I will sign you up. I will sign people up til the end of tech. If you don't see me call me on my cel 602-810-4157
I have spoken with several of the teams and most of them "say" they are in. I have secured some corporate prize money as well.

Corporate $$

Jagged X $100
Spectrum Manufacturing $100
UTV off road magazine $100

Total $300

The pay out is as follows:

First place 65%
Second place 20%
Third place 15%

100% of the fund will be paid out. So as of right now, if only 4 teams participate the third place team will get all of their money back plus.

Teams paid:

1919 Brandon Schueler $100
1913 Jerome Vinagro $100

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call. if not, we will see you in Las Vegas. Good luck to all the teams

Bill Schueler
Jagged X
www.jaggedx.com

Last edited by jaggedx on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
jaggedx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 1913 team of Vinagro has paid.

Prize fund is already up to $500
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Best in the Desert All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: