UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Golden West 150 Stories and Results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Best in the Desert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaggedx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Golden West 150 Stories and Results Reply with quote

Well we are back from lovely Jean NV and happy to be coming home with the first place trophy for the Golden West 150. After doing the math and looking at the points standings for the season when we set out for Jean we discussed the fact that we really just needed the finish points for this race to lock the 2008 championship. We had a pretty good turn out for a race this late in the season but with 5 teams still eligible for the championship there was still some racing to be done. Our 1919 Polaris Racing RZR was 5th to start with some very determined competition both in front and behind us. Brandon apparently forgot all about the "just get finish points" thing right after the flag dropped because only about 11 miles in he was running in 2nd position trying to chase down the 1905 Rhino of Ron Palhagi. The Rhino team was not going to have it and ran as strong as any UTV we have ever seen. after 3 laps of chasing the Blue Yamaha some miscalculations cause them to nearly run out of fuel and barely make it into the pit. The 1919 seized the moment and jumped out front.... for a while anyway. The persistent Rhino team of Tim and Steven Burke was climbing all over the tail of our little RZR and finnaly with less tha 15 miles to go were able to get around our car for the lead. The burke team still had to make up another 30 seconds to beat our team on time so Blake and Brandon stayed as close as they could content to eat some dust and hope for the best. As fate would have it the 1941 Rhino lost a drive belt just a couple more miles down the course and what was a tragic turn of luck for the Burke team was a lucky gift for us and the RZR cruised to the finish for their fourth consecutive BITD win.

like I said this was a great race and we had a super good time kicking back and camping with the rest of the UTV teams. We hope to see everyone at Henderson and are looking forward to beginning preparations for next season.

BS JX
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golden West Cycle Las Vegas "150"
October 25, 2008
Pro Class
Pos # Time Laps
1 1919 3:57:59 4
2 1941 4:40:46 4
3 1905 5:12:05 4
4 1930 3:13:40 3
5 1936 3:32:50 3
6 1904 3:42:04 3
7 1907 3:04:06 2
8 1913 DNF 0
Sportsman Class Laps
1 1951 3:13:38 3
2 1975 DNF 2
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it finally happened, after 3 years and over 3700 miles of racing our Yamaha Rhino with stock axels. We broke one! The Las Vegas 150 was a sprint race. The Desert Toyz Team Rhino lined up 3rd off the start line. I had to sit this race out due to an injury to my right leg, so my brother Darren drove and my wife Jeanette navigated. I built a new engine for this race and had to stay up all night thursday to get it done. Friday morning at 6am, I put the Rhino on the dyno for a 20 minute break in, then drove 6 hours to Jean NV. When I got there I just wanted to sleep, but no time for sleep. I am the tech inspector for theBITD UTV class and many teams were patiently waiting for me to inspect their UTV. Thanks to Bill S from team Jagged X for cooking the Carne Asada for the UTV racers. Now back to the race. On the first lap the dust was thick and hanging. There was almost no wind. We were passed by 1919 and 1913, but then passed 1913 back when they blew up their engine. On lap 2 we were passed by 1941 and were now in 4 place. Then we were passed buy a new team 1907 but then passed them back. Our new Rhino engine was running great but our limited wheel travel was once again holding us back! Darren and Jeanette flew through main pit and started lap 3. Just as they crossed the start line and left main pit our Rhino lost power. Darren jumped out and right away determined that we had a broken drivers rear axel. Jeanette jumped out and started removing the spare axel. They were able to change the axel in about 15 minutes. They drove the wheels off the Rhino trying to make up time and came across the finish line with a right front flat. The inner bead had popped off the wheel about 8 miles from the finish. This race had a "grand prix" finish, which means that when the first vehicle completes 4 laps and the checkered flag is waved all other teams finish behind them no matter what lap they are on. This race was fast and fun, and camping under the stars with the other teams is always a good time!
Thanks to Yamaha, Maxxis Tires, Elka Shocks, Black Rhino, OMF Wheels, Web Cams, Powroll, PCI Radios, PWR Radiators, Yoshimiura Exhaust, Full Bore Plastic, JP Precision brake lines, Fat Katz skid plates, VP race fuels. Thanks to Best In The Desert for another fun, safe race.
stripping shop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: 150 Reply with quote

Hi this rito from the 1913 polaris rzr, first i would like to thank cory from desert toyz for the new front maxxis tires he got us for free. What sucks about the tires is, you get them for getting last place, Yes we lost another valve 2 races in a row, ya i dont think we will be using those again. That motor was more of r&d just thought it would of lasted more than 24 miles. We started 6th, motor felt good than about 3 miles in motor stared to die off. Then our power commander started to give us problems again keeps going lean will driving. We got all the way to 3rd then kaboom our race was over. We went from a great season to horrible, I wonder if this wat kyle busch feels like. I would like to thank our sponsors ACS racing,glendale steel, neidhart stickers,hpd racing, jagged x,full circle auto body, & all the teams that show up to race & have a good time. On a positive note we can only go up from here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Best in the Desert All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: