UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2009 Revised UTV Specific Rule Book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Best in the Desert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bajaxp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

Cory:

This definately needs clairification: All UTV vehicles must use stock engine cases and cylinder head. Maximum engine displacement is 800cc, larger displacement engines may be allowed if produced by the factory. A weight restriction may be required. This displacement requirement only applies to the UTV Pro Spec class.

How can you have a max displacement if a larger displacement 'may' be allowed and a weight restriction 'may' be required. Way too loosey goosey. Who determines this? What if Yamaha...for example, comes out with a 900cc...the rest of us are at a definate disadvantage. Arctic already has a 1000cc...this 'may' be allowed? I like firm rules like Casey has.
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea this is a tough situation. The Artic Cat 1000 has already been approved to race BITD with a minimum weight of 2100lbs "no drivers"
All larger than 800cc factory produced engine UTVs may be allowed to race but must be individually concidered by the UTV competition review board. Minimum weights may be required for all UTVs for the 2010 season.
bajaxp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Rules Reply with quote

Who is on the competition review board?
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is in the works as I type. Of course I will keep everyone informed on the Comp review board. Matt Plz concider the fact that myself and Eric have been successfully Managing the UTVRA for 4 years now. Our boss "Casey" has always been very happy with the growth of the class and Must all of our racers are very happy too! Rules are always tough.
bajaxp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: weights Reply with quote

Cory S wrote:
That is in the works as I type. Of course I will keep everyone informed on the Comp review board. Matt Plz concider the fact that myself and Eric have been successfully Managing the UTVRA for 4 years now. Our boss "Casey" has always been very happy with the growth of the class and Must all of our racers are very happy too! Rules are always tough.

Good info...thanks!

Why would we, as a class, want minimum weights? Don't we want to go faster and get more laps in the future?

On that subject, why did Casey restrict us to only one laps in the T250? I think we would have finished 6th in the two lap race (based on the time of our first lap...which we were all hindered by the start dust). Our UTV group has to be faster than the Jeep Speeds. Very Happy
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course we want to allow the UTV's to be as fast as possible, although we also want to include the new models; ie. RZR-S, TERYX, PROWLER, etc. The goal would be to create a program that includes differant displacement engines, yet keeps the competition fair.

Casey did not feel that it would be safe to have the UTV's on the track with the other classes at the TT 250. We did speak of legthing the course for UTVs next year.
JEROME #1913

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just throwing this out there, example factory 800 cc utv, should weigh with 1 driver lets say 1600 lbs minium another example would be factory 1000 cc utv should weight minium 2000lbs with 1 driver, i'm just trying to come up with a formula, we all agree on, and make it fair for everyone, for example if brp comes out with a 1200 cc, it should weigh 2400 lbs, just throwing this out there, i want the sport to grow, i would love to see 20 or more utv's at every race. i think doing sometype of percentage x cc's will give us a fair weight.
stripping shop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEROME #1913 wrote:
i'm just throwing this out there, example factory 800 cc utv, should weigh with 1 driver lets say 1600 lbs minium another example would be factory 1000 cc utv should weight minium 2000lbs with 1 driver, i'm just trying to come up with a formula, we all agree on, and make it fair for everyone, for example if brp comes out with a 1200 cc, it should weigh 2400 lbs, just throwing this out there, i want the sport to grow, i would love to see 20 or more utv's at every race. i think doing sometype of percentage x cc's will give us a fair weight.
first of all how is 'brp' i like the idea than a rhino with a 660 would weigh 1320 & even better if you had the ballz 450 rhino 900lbs
JEROME #1913

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rito, we must of went to the same skool, neither one of us can spel worth the chit, brp owns can am Wink
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think about single cylinder 800cc max class and twin cylinder 1000cc max class?
JEROME #1913

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't care i just want to race, i have no problem with that, if the artic cat 1000 starts to clean everyones clock, looks like i would have to buy an artic cat! Confused
stripping shop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory S wrote:
What do you think about single cylinder 800cc max class and twin cylinder 1000cc max class?
we had about 16 teams cut it in half to have two classes. Then when we go to bilek race there was 6 teams cut it in half. Not enough teams yet to do that. Then yamaha & can am/brp come out with all twin cylinder car there will be nobody to enter single cylinder class. I think if you have a utv should be able to race other utv and let the manufactures battle it out. so we can have the best equipment out the so instead of costing $6 a mile they will move us up a class and race for$3 a mile & maybe move up to the big guys & race for $2 a mile because we paid $450 to race 73 miles
bajaxp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripping shop wrote:
Cory S wrote:
we had about 16 teams cut it in half to have two classes. Then when we go to bilek race there was 6 teams cut it in half. Not enough teams yet to do that. Then yamaha & can am/brp come out with all twin cylinder car there will be nobody to enter single cylinder class. I think if you have a utv should be able to race other utv and let the manufactures battle it out. so we can have the best equipment out the so instead of costing $6 a mile they will move us up a class and race for$3 a mile & maybe move up to the big guys & race for $2 a mile because we paid $450 to race 73 miles

Well said! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Best in the Desert All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: