UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FCRMotorsports

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Rules Reply with quote

I would like to know if you guy are planning on making a open class for 2007. I was told in Feb. that the suspension was open and now the rules say you can't run by-passes. I just spent a bunch of money on shocks and now can't even use them. Can we take a poll of the member's on this forum? I would like to see how many people on here would like open suspension or to make a open class for it. I think most members on here race or plan to in the near future.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the suspension should be limited to factory location on the chassis, but what kind and how many shocks you want per wheel should be open.
Anything with long travel suspension no matter what is going to work better than one with stock suspension, so that in itself is a huge advantage. but ultimately if you dont know how to drive ,well then nothing will help. Cool
rolloutracing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not 100% sure about his but I think you will see an unlimited class soon. I know that we have had a lot of request for this and are talking about it. As long as there is enough people interested to make a class. I'm not sure on how many but I would guess around 4 or more. Keep in contact with me regarding this and I'll let you know new info on it when it comes available.

Thanks,

Eric
FCRMotorsports

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on racing the Vegas to Reno. I know we can get at least 4 or 5 people to race in an open class. I have talked to a few people already that would like to be able to run by-passes and have un-limited travel. More travel is not always better but I think it should be un-limited in the open class. I also have friends that would run the limited class but only if the long travel rhinos are in the open class. It is only a matter of time before everyone gets their long travel worked out and start beating the stock rhinos. Let me know when you guys make an open class and I will be there to race! I have just have a few more things to finish on the rhino.
rolloutracing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FCR,

Just keep watching this forum. We'll have all the updated rules and classes posted here before anywhere else. You can also contact me anytime if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Eric
Toxic Rhinos

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: BAJA 500... Reply with quote

SCORE tech says there are no restrictions or rules on engine or suspension for the rhino class for the Baja 500... Hope everyone is ready to see what "TOXIC" is bring down....
FabSkool

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with Cory numerous times about the suspension controversy and I was under the impression that once there were 5 Rhinos set for an unlimited class then they could go ahead with it. After seing 17 Rhinos in Pahrump I'm sure there are at the very least 5 of those guys down for an unlimited class: SCF, Toxic, Ranger Performance Parts (not in BITD), BRP if they get back in the game, plus more I'm sure.

Despite this I still feel that the coil overs should be allowed. They don't even have any valving in them, they serve as coil carriers. The natural progression of the Rhino Racing phenomenon is to open an unlimited class. After the recent showing in Pahrump and the 500 coming soon Rhino Racing is FULL-FLEDGED. It is not some small precious co-op trying to grow. At first if there was 1 or 2 "unlimited class" rhinos they would have walked away with the race and no one else would want to race. Well, we are past that stage and next stage is a 700cc, 65mph, 2' of suspension bad ass Rhino on the podium in La Paz come this November. I guess that is possible since SCORE does not have limitations, but not probable because most don't want to oppose the UTVRA who has made all this possoble.
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rules are very tough to develop. We are trying very hard to do it right. Many manufactures and aftermarket companys are very intrested in supporting and sponsoring the new UTV racing. Althought they would like the rules to be written so that they promote the use of their products. We are trying very hard to please everyone. We all want to win money and prizes, so we need the manufactures and aftermarket companies to want to be involved. Can you imagine Polaris or Yamaha giving $150000 like Ford has done. This UTV class has that kind of potential.

The current rules are somewhat unlimited. I belive Fabschool is talking about a class for UTV's that do not use the same suspension mounting points and or design. This type of UTV is almost always a one off custom build and does use bolt on suspension. Fabschool is correct that if 5 or more of these type UTV's show up to race at a BITD race we will create a class for them, although they would not have any contencecy prizes untill we were able to develop some. The next issue would be engine and tranny. An unlimited class could also bring in some engine swaping.
So at what point is it not a UTV anymore. A vehicle with a custom chassie sporting a sport bike motor and unlimited suspension is not a UTV. It is a motorcycle engine powered 1 car with plastic fenders and hood. The class that we are trying to develop is a true UTV class that will encourge the manufactures to build better, faster and stronger UTV's and encourge the aftermarket companies to build race quality products. This class will also have big dollar prizes because the UTV's are supporting the manufactures and aftermarket companies.
If anyone has any comments or suggestions please feel free to post them or contact me. I am always willing to listen and learn. Thank you to everyone who has spent their time and money supporting this cool new class of racing by working together we can be the biggest and best class. Sincerly Cory S
FabSkool

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stock engine cases, stock differential cases, no more than 6" longer. go as wide as you want, as much displacement as you dare, as many shocks you want. That is what I am thinking. I get excited by the potential these things have if someone built to these specs.

You are only one man and can only do so much Cory. But keep doing what you re doing, we all appreciate it very much. I just hope to see one of these extreme rhinos sooner rather than later.
FCRMotorsports

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with fab on the rules. Stock engine cases and head but unlimited suspension.
rolloutracing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The classes and rules were designed for this year and are a starting point. Since no one really knew how this would take off there were not a bunch of classes made. We have spoken about additional classes in the future and I believe that you will see next year more classes that open this up to most if not all scenarios.

Thanks,

Eric
Lone Ranger

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Rules Reply with quote

Good debate on rules. I personally think the unlimited class is interesting, but I won't compete in it because I don't have $50k to build a UTV. My Ranger is costing me $25k to build and this is a lot for me. But it is cheaper than buying a new 2/1600 car ($40k from Curry or $65k from Amplified) and it should be as much fun. I agree with Cory that we need the manufacturers and aftermarket in this game so people can at least think that they can buy a Polaris or a Yamaha, bolt on some stuff and go racing. While we all know that this is not true, a $50k UTV doesn't fill this niche and frankly you can get involved with a regular SCORE or BITD classes for this kind of $$$.

So my feeling is that we should have an unlimited class as described in the previous responses and a regular class. I think the regular class must have as many shocks as comes stock, stock shock location, width restrictions, same trans, same engine, etc. So you would be free to hop up the engine as long as it doesn't exceed a certain displacement limit. You could change a-arms and shocks, wheels, seating position, steering angle, etc but the basic vehicle is intact (kind of like the UTV's that finish now). My belief is that the OEM's and the aftermarket will embrace this class and it will be 4x bigger than the unlimited class. I have heard that Casey and Sal are interested in our class because it gives the sport a great entry class to suppliment or replace class 11 and/or 5/1600. So while they are not making any VW bugs any more, they are making Rangers and Rhino's like popcorn.

My $.02
DELETED

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
FabSkool

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course there has to be a stock class, that is what will makes the unlimiteds look so damn cool Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: You should have some track width restrictions Reply with quote

As an ex odyssey racer (and new to the rhino vehicles), I think you should have some track width restrictions for two reasons... 1. you make it open someone is going to make a rediculous looking bug like utv that wont even be similar to what you are promoting as a potential "Factory" class. 2. It would be nice to keep them down in width say 74" or 72" so as to allow running on similar tracks to ATV's such as the AVI 150...
FabSkool

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Rules Reply with quote

Lone Ranger wrote:
Good debate on rules. I personally think the unlimited class is interesting, but I won't compete in it because I don't have $50k to build a UTV. My Ranger is costing me $25k to build and this is a lot for me. But it is cheaper than buying a new 2/1600 car ($40k from Curry or $65k from Amplified) and it should be as much fun. I agree with Cory that we need the manufacturers and aftermarket in this game so people can at least think that they can buy a Polaris or a Yamaha, bolt on some stuff and go racing. While we all know that this is not true, a $50k UTV doesn't fill this niche and frankly you can get involved with a regular SCORE or BITD classes for this kind of $$$.

you make a great point, its easy to understand where you are coming from because to be honest if it was my money being spent I'd build a 12 or 16 car. when Cory and Tim first had their "stock class" Rhinos in Henderson and we (when I was at BRP) brought our big bore and trailing arms to henderson I had visions of Rhino classes modeled after SCORE Bug classes. You have class 11 (stock VW bug class)= Rhino with replacement shocks, tires/rims, exhaust, a CDI, and everything else stock; class 5/1600(VW bug limited to 1600cc) = Rhino with long travel (maybe production even), 1 shock per wheel, CDI, exhaust, intake, headwork, piston, cam, pretty much just stock displacement and stock diff; class 5 (unlimited bug)= stock rhino engine and diff cases, two seats, have to utilize X% of stock chassis. Ok I got a bit off track, I understand people being concerned by a big money rhino race team but my view of the Rhino world was always from the business end of the Rhino modification due to my time with BRP. We looked at Rhino Racing as the best place to not only showcase some of our parts but also to show off our ability to push these vehicles to their limits. Take a Trophy Truck team like Fabtech for example, how many parts on Scott Steinberger's truck does Fabtech sell to the public? But Fabtech always has vehicles in Class 7, Fouts drives the Fabtech Ford SuperDuty, and their precense is always felt in the sportsman truck classes.

The blueprints are already drawn for VW's, Ford Rangers (sportsman,class 7sx, class 7s, class 7, Trophy truck), full size trucks (sportsman, Class 8, Trophy Truck). It seems to me like a big time intensive fill in the blanks.

Alot of people think a big money Rhino is absurd... understood. But think about a race fan trying to explain to some one who knows nothing of auto racing why their Ford Ranger costs $150K like the Camburg TT. Off Road Racing is turning into a big money sport PERIOD. BITD just gave the thumbs up to a full tube chassis mini truck, or should we say mini trophy truck. Soon the fastest mini truck a the races will cost twice as much as the fastest today. SCORE will adopt this within a few years. An entire shift is occurring in the sport, its becoming main stream. There will always be a place for the low budget racers, Sal said so. But no low budget racer should expect to be battling for overall. With entries for SCORE events approaching 500 some big changes will have to take place in the near future because vehicles cannot be starting a Baja 1000 as the sun goes down. It would turn into a week long event and how is that feasable for the weekend racers. They will have to limit the entries or split the race into different weekends or something, If I had these answers SCORE would pay me the big bucks. Now I am really ranting, I apologize.

Joe Moore
mmallas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mid of the net and related constituents are shared for the future safety. All the factors of the essay services are innovating for the people. The mild approach is done for the offered constituents for the humans in the midst of the elements.
Jackie145

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you have not managed to organize the poll here. I would be interested in checking the results. And if you are looking where to buy a poem, this source would be a must to check.
MikeyH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For many students, writing an article review is a complicated task, which can even become a big problem if students do not have sufficient analytical and critical thinking skills. Often, professors put high demands to such academic types of work, and when a student does not have adequate knowledge, he/ she will definitely not be able with the task perfectly well. In such cases, it is prudent to seek article review help from expert professionals in the sphere of analytical writing.
RickHughson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:25 am    Post subject: Custom Homework Help Reply with quote

At first of all thanks for the post. In truth, it is a wonderful post. This post is good enough to make somebody understand how to order a dissertation hypothesis. Truly, there is no troubles - just contact us 24/7!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: