UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should the X-18 Buggy be allowed to race in the UTV class?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> General Racing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the X-18 Buggy be allowed to race in the UTV Class?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 4

HunterDude

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Should the X-18 Buggy be allowed to race in the UTV class? Reply with quote

Why is Whiplash allowing this buggy to race with UTVs? I pit for one of the UTV teams and find this absurd. This buggy has a 2.2L engine in it! Whiplash rules clearly state that there is a 1000cc limit. For those that dunt have an egucatune that is 2200cc's. I have heard some nonsense spewed about the transmission only allows it to do 70mph which I seriously doubt, but so what. That is irrelevant. Have you seen how fast this thing is? It has 170hp. Whiplash needs to put that thing in a class it belongs in which is with the rest of the trucks/buggies. I'm also not sure why the owner of this buggy would want to race UTVs. I would be embarassed if I took a podium spot in this. Actually no I wouldn't, because I would not enter it in this CLASS!

X-18 Intimidator website

Video
jaggedx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no I do not think this vehicle is in the spirit of the UTV. It is not really a production vehicle, It has no utilitarian traits whatsoever. It is simply not a UTV. it does however look like a cool ride and if the owners of these vehicles want to race them they should be able to and I beleive the racing world will embrace a class like this. It actually looks like it fits closer to a class 10 race car as far as specs but smaller . As I said on another site, BITD is racing a very similar looking vehicle called the Fusion or C-1 buggy. I watched the video of the intimidator car and all I can say is that if they are racing with us they need to build a rear bumper.

BS JX
www.jaggedx.com
HunterDude

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It has no utility aspect about it. Regardless though. If it does not meet just about the only rule whiplash has for UTVs of 1000cc limit, that in itself should be reason enough. I am surprised that this site has not seen more opinions on this subject. It is kinda dead around here.
rolloutracing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people have not seen these and we don't have a large following with the Whiplash racers. After looking at the website and video I would have to agree with Bill in that it is more like a small class 10. It does look like a fun ride though.

I'm not sure why Whiplash would allow this in the UTV class unless they are just trying it out to see about making its own class. Do you know if Whiplash is allowing this vehicle to compete for points and prizes or just letting it race with the UTV's?

Eric
HunterDude

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Whiplash was allowing them to compete for points, trophies and cash. It's seems Whiplash is aware of the situation and has come to a decision. The owner of this buggy replied on another forum where I started a thread on the topic.

http://www.rhinotalk.net/forums/utv-desert-racing/564-should-x-18-buggy-allowed-race-utv-class.html
dzrhino

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reason they are allowed to race is that racer offroad in phoenix used to be a sponsor of whiplash races when they were still in business. They teamed up with the guy that sales these cars and whiplash said it was ok. At the next race take a look at it, i dont even know if they have a fuelcell. They can be limited to go 70, but a 10 minute change can make them go well over a hundred.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> General Racing Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: