UTV Racing Association Forum Index UTV Racing Association
Extreme UTV Racing Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling all 2009 Vegas to Reno UTV Race Teams!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Best in the Desert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike L

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Calling all 2009 Vegas to Reno UTV Race Teams! Reply with quote

So i got the information in the mail the other day and i think all it did was raise more questions.... i know there are a lot of people that want to see different things from this race and are trying to get the race shortened or changed for the UTV class. wile it's early lets all talk about it and do what's in the best interest in the class.

A few of the questions that came to mind after reading the info packet were...

what is the time penalty if you DNF a day? does it vary depending on how far you made it for the day? Do you have to take the green flag at the start of each day?

How much of this race are we going to run at night vs during the day? If the start is anything like vegas to reno in the past we will be lucky if we finish each leg of the race by 1:00am and then work on the cars for an hour. i guess as attrition takes it's toll we will start each day earlier and earlier.

Do they start you on corrected time? or is it just based on finishing position for the day and they ad your three times together?

How feasible is it to chase the race with one chase truck and a motorhome?

How much fun is it going to be to find a spot for our rigs in Camp Adventure if we are always the last ones in?

Well, i hope i didn't open a can of worms, but the Pro Armor Kawasaki Teryx will be there no matter what the race. Let's get this site moving again and get some excitement going for the rest of the season.

Mike

#1924 Kawasaki Teryx
www.lashermotorsports.com
Cory S
Associaton Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I would like to say sorry for the lack of attention to the web site.
I will do better at up-dates and info.

All teams planning to race in the 2009 V to R please post your questions here. I have a meeting with Casey in 1 week. I will get the answers to your questions and e-mail them to you.

What we know so far; Pro entree fee, $ 1225.00 Sportsman, $ 825.00

Day 1, 8/20 330 miles Day 2, 8/21 356 miles Day 3, 8/22 300 miles

You will need 2 chase support trucks.

There is no Pre-run

GPS of the course will be available 7 days before the race

Each day teams will recieve 1 hour to service their machines. This time will not be added to the race time. If your service requires more than 1 hour of time you will be able to continue working and that time will be added to your race time.

Teams will get one DNF day. If you break down on any one of the 3 days you will be allowed to fix your race vehicle and get back in the race, and recieve the time penalty for the DNF day.

The starting order for each day will be the order in which you finished the prior day, on corrected time, regardless of class. The UTV's start last on day 1. Day 2 and 3 teams all teams will be intermingled based on corrected time. So UTV's will be mixxed in with Buggies, Trucks ATV's and Dirt Bikes.

The UTVRA is working on a Award for all UTV Teams that complete every mile of this race! This will be the longest and toughest race ever attempted by any UTV Team in the world! I can tell you from experience that when you cross that finish line on day 3, not only will you and your team become UTV racing Legends, the memory will last more than a life time! Come be a part of Off-Road Racing History "Best In The Desert Vegas to Reno the Long Way"!!!!!!
stripping shop

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: v2r Reply with quote

first Q. if we are last off line do we get the same amount of time to race as everyone else. If we do does bitd ever sleep they would run almost 24 hrs for three days. It would be really nice to leave with the bikes in the morning since the utvs pay same amount as them, we hope to be treated like them. 330 miles 11hrs average 30mph If we start like parker we were all off the line by 8:00am By august sun up around 5:30am we take off by 6:30am done by 5:30pm If its like last v2r we are off the line bye 1:30pm we finsh by 12:30 am plus our 1hr to fix car for next 2 days. secQ What about camping do we move our camp after we finish to go to next course, if your car is in impounded how do you get it out to go to next race course. Do you move next morning for use that be the same morning we just finished that morning. third Q If this is the biggest race of the year we should have the biggest prize/purse/contigency not only for who finish but also on how many miles you do ex. if you go 999miles and dont finish you should still get something for that might happen. ex of people that utvra person should contact YAMAHA/POLARIS/KAWASAKI/ARTICAT/MAXXIS/ELKA/FOX/KING/ WALKER EVANS/VISION X/PRO ARMOR/OMF WHEELS/RON DAVIS/ ATL-FUEL CELL/ALL OF THE FORUM SITES and any other one that can be thought of.
stripping shop

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: v2r Reply with quote

first Q. if we are last off line do we get the same amount of time to race as everyone else. If we do does bitd ever sleep they would run almost 24 hrs for three days. It would be really nice to leave with the bikes in the morning since the utvs pay same amount as them, we hope to be treated like them. 330 miles 11hrs average 30mph If we start like parker we were all off the line by 8:00am By august sun up around 5:30am we take off by 6:30am done by 5:30pm If its like last v2r we are off the line bye 1:30pm we finsh by 12:30 am plus our 1hr to fix car for next 2 days. secQ What about camping do we move our camp after we finish to go to next course, if your car is in impounded how do you get it out to go to next race course. Do you move next morning for use that be the same morning we just finished that morning. third Q If this is the biggest race of the year we should have the biggest prize/purse/contigency not only for who finish but also on how many miles you do ex. if you go 999miles and dont finish you should still get something for that might happen. ex of people that utvra person should contact YAMAHA/POLARIS/KAWASAKI/ARTICAT/MAXXIS/ELKA/FOX/KING/ WALKER EVANS/VISION X/PRO ARMOR/OMF WHEELS/RON DAVIS/ ATL-FUEL CELL/ALL OF THE FORUM SITES and any other one that can be thought of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UTV Racing Association Forum Index -> Best in the Desert All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: